Wednesday, June 15, 2011

My Final $5 Off Coupons At Publix

Tuesday night I had to return my free Blockbuster rental to the kiosk to keep from being charged. Around here, the only Blockbuster kiosks are inside Publix stores, so while I was there I decided to double check the expiration date of my $5 off $30 coupons - Man was it a good thing I did! My coupons that I won from Couponing To Disney are from the Alabama area and apparently their coupons expired on 6/14 instead of 6/15 like ours do here in Florida. So, I hurried around to snag my stuff before going coupon hunting with my sister.
Tuesday Night's Purchase:
  • 8 bottles of V8 Splash Juice, $3.59 B1G1 - Used four $1 off 2 coupon from the 6/12 RP insert = $1.29 each
  • 5 bottles of Wisk Detergent (50oz size), $6.99 - Used Rain Check from 2 weeks ago made them $3.99 each and used five $2 off Any Wisk Detergent coupons from the newspaper = $1.99 each
I used one of my $5 off $30 coupons I won (they expired on 6/14 because they were from Alabama - weird, I know) and my total was $17.37. Not too bad considering the price I got on the detergent and the juices were for my parents who paid me back for them :)

So, after our coupon hunt, I found another $5 off $30 coupon :) Which made 2 for me to use to the fullest by the end of today. I also ended up with a whole bunch of coupons for items I could use to help my total reach the $30! So, I went to the PSJ store at lunch today and made 2 transactions to use both of these bad boys. Here is what I got!

Transaction 1:
  • 14 bottles of V8 Splash Juice, $3.59 B1G1 - Used four $1 off 2 coupon from the 6/12 RP insert = $1.29 each
  • 2.07 lb package of Publix brand Fresh Bonesless Skinless Chicken Breasts, on sale $2.99 per lb = $6.19
My total after my $5 off coupon was $20.62. The juices are for my parents (again - they apparently really like them) so they paid me back $19.64, so for my chicken I paid 98¢! Beat that!

At this point, I had the bagger girl all impressed. She thought it was great that I had a coupon for everything and I made sure to build up the next purchase. Just you wait, bagger girl...

Transaction 2:
  • 12 bottles of Dial Body Wash, $3.91 B1G1 - Used twelve $2 off Any Dial Body Wash coupons from the 6/12 RP insert = 12 for Free + 54¢ overage!
  • 1.96 lb package of Boneless Chuck Roast, on sale for $3.49 per lb = $6.84
My total without coupons or sales for this one would have been $56.99, but after my $5 off coupon I only paid $2.71! Boo Ya! :) That bagger was more happy for me than I think I was. She kept saying, "I've never seen anyone do that before!" to all the other employees. It definitely made the freebies even more fun. I saved 95%! And I got fresh meat in the process :)

Even with as well as I did this week with them, I have to say I'm actually a little glad that the $5 off coupons are officially expired. I got some great deals and freebies, but man was it a lot of work! I have been to Publix almost every day this week and it will be nice to just go once for a change. Now I can go back to my regular couponing until they come out with another irresistible deal for me to spend my time on :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining in the conversation!