Sunday, July 17, 2011

The End of An Era

Well, I first would like to apologize for my lack of posting, but I promise it was for a good reason :)

For those of you non-Harry-Potter lovers out there, this weekend was the final film in the series to portray the second half of the last book. Back in high school, my two best friends and I were completely obsessed with Harry Potter. We went to all the movies at the midnight showing, all the book releases at the midnight parties. We donned hats and scarves and glasses - I even had a small stuffed owl I would tote around - I know... I'm a total nerd. Well, since we had all been doing this since 2001 and trying to get together for each and every momentous HP related release, we knew we had to come together for the final hurrah.
Here I am with Taylor and Katrina at our Senior Prom in 2003
We voted on where to meet and most of the others who were coming were central to Tallahassee, so I made the  4.5 hour drive up to do it up right!
We met up as The Potter Girls Three (the name under which we penned our HP fan fiction - I know, I know. We are complete nerds).
Here we are in the actual theater before the midnight show on Thursday night.
We all grabbed our seats around 9pm and then just waited for the show to begin. After the movie, we all exchanged opinions - which I won't tell you because I don't want to be a spoiler to those who haven't seen or read it. I was able to stay around on Friday to visit with Katrina and Taylor before heading home and we made sure to take a picture of us all in our hats!
I made these hats for all of us for the release of the 5th book and we have all made sure to wear them to each event ever since.

While we all had fun, it was a bitter sweet occasion. It was great to see everyone and see a movie just like old times, but it is also the final time we will get to do it together for Harry Potter. So now we all need to come up with some other series to obsess over together - and if anyone recommends Twilight, I will be very upset.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining in the conversation!