Thursday, September 22, 2011

Fantabulous Food! Snickers Blondies

I just got my Woman's Day magazine this week (which I got through a free offer), and I noticed this recipe that looked so delicious. It's from a collection of recipes designed to help you use up any left over Halloween Candy and since I just got that awesome CVS deal yesterday on the candy I knew it was perfect timing.

Snickers Blondies
Ingredients:

  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter at room temperature
  • 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 12 fun sized Snickers candies, quartered
1. Heat over to 350ยบ F. Line an 8" square pan with parchment paper, leaving a 2" overhang on 2 sides. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
2. Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Beat in egg and vanilla. Reduce speed to low and gradually add the flour mixture, mixing just until incorporated.
Cut your snickers in half and then in half again.
That's a lot of tastiness :)
Fold Snickers pieces in to the batter.
3. Spread the batter into the prepared pan. Bake until golden brown and a wooden toothpick inserted into the center comes out with moist crumbs attached, 25 to 30 minutes.
4. Let the blondie cool completely in the pan. Using the overhangs, transfer blondie to a cutting board and cut into 16 bars.
Here is the finished product:
I have to say, these were really good :) They honestly came out a little bit dry, so next time I will add a little more wet ingredients. They were still good, especially when you eat them with ice cream. Here is my husband approving this recipe :)
So give these a try :) I have a sneaking suspicion that this will be delicious with many chocolate and caramel candies. I'm thinking Twix, Milky Way, 100 Grand... Mmmmm...


*This recipe was found on page 115 of the October 17, 2011 issue of Woman's Day Magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining in the conversation!