Thursday, October 20, 2011

Fantabulous Food! Carrabba's Limoncello Bread Pudding

We went to Carrabba's back in July for my sister's birthday and I ordered this delicious dessert. I have wanted it again ever since, but it was a seasonal special and they no longer offer it. So, I looked it up online and found their actual recipe :) And it was every bit as good.

Carrabba's Limoncello Bread Pudding:

  • 3/4 cup heavy cream
  • 3/4 cup milk
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1/4 cup Limoncello
  • 7 large eggs
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 2 quarts stale bread
1. Take your stale bread - I just used store bought white bread (about 1/2 a loaf), but you can use fancier if you wish - and cut it into cubes. I just ripped min into pieces, but it's up to you. Put the bread into a 9x13" pan.
2. Combine heavy cream, milk, eggs, sugar, limoncello, and vanilla and mix well with an electric mixer.
3. Pour liquid over bread pieces - make sure that all the bread is moistened. Let sit for 20 minutes to soak in.
4. Cover with foil and bake at 350ยบ F for40 to 50 minutes. Bread will puff up as it bakes.
5. Make simple syrup: combine 1/4 cup limoncello (or lemon juice) and 1/4 cup sugar in a saucepan and stir while heating until sugar is completely dissolved.
6. Serve bread pudding with vanilla ice cream and drizzle simple syrup on top :)

I was incredibly surprised at how easy this was to make and it really was just as good as the one I had at Carrabba's. Can't beat that :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining in the conversation!