Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Review: Arm & Hammer Sensitive Whitening Toothpaste

I was lucky enough to be chosen by Smiley360 to try out and review Arm & Hammer Sensitive Whitening Toothpaste :) I have been using the product for almost a full month now and I have to say I am in love! I'll admit, the taste of the toothpaste did take some getting used to. If you are expecting it to takes like other mint flavored products, you will be very disappointed. It is minty, but it's a much more subtly mint and it has a nice dose of baking soda flavor - not exactly everyone's favorite taste. After a few days of trying hard not to let the paste touch my tongue (I know -I'm like a 5 year old), I did become more accustomed to the taste and now I actually like it. I have plenty of other reasons to love this toothpaste though...

First of all, I have always had a problem with tooth sensitivity. I've had a lot of dental work done (believe me, I am not exaggerating) which has left me with major sensitivity to hot and cold, sweets, and even brisk wind sometimes. It's one of those things that you don't think about until it rears its ugly head and ruins your day by making you teeth hurt. Due to the fact that I have had so much done to my mouth, I am really particular about how I care for my teeth to make sure I don't have to endure everything all over again any time soon. This has made me a tooth brushing fanatic. Seriously, I own a Sonicare toothbrush and I brush my teeth for about 3 or 4 minutes morning and night. Yeah, I'm obsessive; but i have become addicted to that clean teeth feeling and that is exactly what I get with the Arm & Hammer toothpaste.

You know when you haven't been to the dentist in a while and you can feel grit when you run your tongue across the backs of your bottom front teeth? I can't be the only one who notices this and I absolutely hate the grit! It's like a constant reminder that your teeth could be much cleaner. This is the test that I put each toothpaste to - does it help with the gritty feeling whiles also freshening my breath? I have gone through a lot of different products and the Arm & Hammer wins this title hands down. I was previously using Crest ProHealth and Aquafresh Extreme Clean, but neither of those products got my teeth feeling as clean and as fresh as the Arm & Hammer. Thank you baking soda! It's kind of a weird thought, but this toothpaste does to my teeth what bar keeper's friend does to my stainless steel sink - it scrubs off the grime.

The other issue I am always having is that due to my crazy sensitivity, I can never use teeth whitening products. I have tried all kinds of different toothpastes and whitening strips as well as the expensive trays you get from the dentist and all of those products have left me with incredibly sore teeth for days afterward. I honestly have to let my teeth recover and only drink through straws for a few days or it can ruin my day fast. I was a little skeptical of this product claiming that it would also whiten my teeth, but after 1 month I really do see a difference in the color. See:
Consider yourselves lucky - I actually put on lipstick for this photo! Even with the lipstick on, my teeth still look nice and white - maybe not movie star white, but that are certainly not yellow. My teeth have never been too bad as far as their color, but I did have that yellowy ring down by my gum line and after using the Arm & Hammer toothpaste, that is almost completely gone! I have nice, even colored teeth :) I'm hoping to go bold with red lipstick soon (it would have looked silly with my outfit today) and I am confident that I will not look like I have nasty teeth while wearing it :) The nice part of the whitening in this tooth paste is that it also has Orajel in it - this is what makes it not hurt your teeth and I think that was a brilliant idea.

All in all, I think this is a great product. It cleans my teeth, freshens my breath, whitens my teeth and also keeps me from worrying about breathing with my mouth open :) If you are having any of the issues that I have, I definitely recommendn giving Arm & Hammer Sensitive Whitening Toothpaste a try!

*I was given a free tube of Arm & Hammer Sensitive Whitening Toothpaste from Smiley360 to facilitate my review, but the opinions expressed are 100% my own!

2 comments:

  1. My teeth is really sensitive, too! I've found the best solution for it as well and I'm glad you also found yours. Are you still using it? Or have you found a better product?

    Leighlie Ashton

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still using this. I even went to the dentist a few weeks ago and he said that I could use it indefinitely despite the package saying only use it for 4 weeks. I was thrilled and I went to get myself another tube of this stuff that same day :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining in the conversation!