Saturday, July 21, 2012

Knitting Update and Late B-Day Gift

Well, I am officially a weird old lady - I brought my knitting on my cruise with me :) I only brought the yellow scarf, but I did knit on the high seas.
 I also looked up a youtube video on how to seed stitch for English style knitters (thank you Pinterest!) and I was determined to try it out last night. To my delight, it was a huge success - I don't know why I didn't figure this out during my hour long fail session a few weeks ago. At least I can do it now - it's the gray skein. I've officially started the Cambridge Scarf for the Knit Lab Class on Craftsy. I decided to make it in gray so I could possible give it to my husband :) He wants everything black, but I couldn't find my black skein and I was in the mood to start it then. If he doesn't like it, I'll just keep it for myself :)
 Also I've made noticeable progress on my sock. It doesn't look like it in the pic, but it actually covers my toes up now! The needles prevent me from putting it on all the way and still having one hand to take the picture with. Trust me - it's a full toe. I just started the lace part of the foot last night and it is really kicking my butt. I had to back track many times from stupid little mistakes, but I think I've got it ok now. I've only done 1 row of the lace though, so you can't see it yet. I love the self striping yarn though :) It makes it look more complex than it is, plus I love these colors.
On a different note, my sister Kelly gave me my birthday gift - the Peony Dress Pattern from Colette Patterns :) I love the simple shape of this dress and I've seen so many really neat versions of this out there on the internet. Also I love that it's reputed to be very easy. I could use some easy sewing right now. I no joke have 4 sewing projects that have been put on hold due to some random difficulty (mostly lack of appropriate tools). I really want to hash some of those out and soon.

Anyway, I know it doesn't look like much, but I'm quite proud of my knitting :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining in the conversation!