Friday, August 24, 2012

Crochet Update: Meet Milbert :)

I would like to introduce you all to Milbert :)
ISN'T HE CUTE??!!! I just finished him - he's the first project in the Craftsy Amigurumi Wooland Animals class and I am in love :) He came out so cute and everyone I show him to immediately says, "I want one!" so apparently everyone else thinks he's super cute too.
Back View
Top View
Bottom View
What he looked like before he got stuffed.
I love that he is completely seamless on his body. The class has you make his beak and wings first, then you make his body. This way the other pieces are all ready to go when you get close to the end and you can attach everything from the inside and hide all your threads and such. The bottom was the hardest part, but it still wasn't really hard, just cumbersome. You stop when you still have about 4 or 5 rows left to go and that's when you add the stuffing, so for the last 4 or 5 rows you are pressing the stuffing down so it doesn't get all caught in your crochet hook. It sounds much more difficult than it was.

I'm really glad that I took the class to make this. Stacey Trock gives some great tips that really simplified things and she shows how to hide your knot which I never would have figured out by myself.

So far, I am really happy with this Craftsy class and I'm excited to get started on the next animal - a bear! I would definitely recommend this class and right now it's on sale for only $14.99 :) This class is totally worth the cost and now would be a great time to snag it if you want to make cute animals for yourself or your friends.

2 comments:

  1. Totally adorable!! And I love that you named him Milbert - it's a perfect name :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks ;) My sister said he looked like a Milbert and I agreed.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining in the conversation!