Friday, August 10, 2012

Hooray! I Can Crochet!

It's a miracle, ya'll! My lovely friend Leigh taught me how to crochet last night and I am honestly very pleased with my little project.
It's a baby hat :) Leigh is a whiz at making these hats and she taught me her own pattern she concocted for them. The hardest parts of crocheting for me were 1) figuring out how to hold the hook (very different from knitting needles) and 2) not pulling everything tight like you do in knitting. Leigh kept having to stop me and pull my stitches looser, ha ha. We had fun making our little hats and it really goes by so much quicker than knitting. The other baby hats I've knitted took me at least a few days, so probably 5 hours or so each while I crocheted this hat in about 1 hour and that's with me being a complete beginner and having to pull it out a few times to get it right.

I'm really glad I finally know how to crochet and I know I'll be using this knowledge to make cute things in the future. I have to say though, I think I still prefer knitting, but they definitely both have their applications. Thanks so much Leigh for teaching me and getting me going!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining in the conversation!