Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Publix Trip!

It's has been so long since I did a couponing trip post. To be honest, I haven't been doing it much in the last few months, at least no where near like I was. I was really rattled by my unfortunate Publix trip in April and I still haven't set foot in that store since. Luckily I have so much that I've stocked up on before my little coupon-break that I didn't really need to shop for more than perishables like milk, bread, eggs, meat and produce. This trip was done at the Titusville store because I had to use some free coupons before they expired on  7/31.
  • 4 packs (24oz) of Wright's Brand Bacon, $7.99 each - Used 4 Free coupons from Bacon Party Pack (up to $6.99 value) = $1 each
  • 1 box Entenmann's Mini Cakes, $4.29 - Used $4.50 off coupon from Facebook Giveaway = Free + 21¢ overage
  • Oscar Mayer Selects New York Style Hot Dogs, $5.69 - Used Free coupon from Facebook promotion = Free
  • 2 boxes Honey Bunches of Oats, $3.99 B1G1 - Used Free coupon I won from Nancy's Free Selections = 2 for Free
  • Lays Kettle Cooked Chips, 2 for $6 = $3.00
  • Lays Sour Cream & Onion Chips, $4.29
  • Publix Chicken Tender Sub, $8.49
  • Publix Ice Cream, 2 for $7 = $3.50
  • 2 bags (32 oz) Publix Frozen Chicken Tenderloins, 2 for $10 = $5 each
  • Align, $28.99 - Used $3 off Publix coupon from Green Advantage Buy Flyer = $25.99
  • Used 3 Winn Dixie $5 off $30 coupons
Without sales and coupons, my total would have been $112.97, but I only paid $44.68 :) I know that's no where near my usual totals, but I bough t a bunch of things with no coupons. The sandwich was our dinner and my husband pretty much begged me to get him Sour Cream and Onion flavor chips which  of course weren't on sale. He'd better know how much I love him for paying $4.29 for 1 bag of chips :) That chicken is a great deal and today is the last day to get it, so head down there and grab some for yourself. Normally their bagged chicken breasts and tenderloins are $6.99 each, so $1.99 off is what I like to see.

Hopefully I will be posting more trips in the near future now that the stigma has worn off :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining in the conversation!