Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Crochet Update: 1 More Scarf Finished!

I've been going a little crazy lately, so sorry for the lack of meaningful blog posts. I have volunteered to help with several craft related projects and it's been spreading me pretty thin. Every week on Tuesday and Thursday I go over to a friend's house and help teach the 8-12 year old girls from our church how to sew a dress! It's a crazy ambitious project, but we split it up so only 2 girls are working at a time for a few weeks and then we will start over again with 2 new girls. I'm also learning a ton! Cleo (the lady I'm helping) is a phenomenal seamstress and can pretty much sew anything and she is teaching me all kinds of things I've never done before. Ex. I did my first official French seams last week :) I knew how to do them in theory but had never actually done them before then. It's nice to have someone there to show you and let you know if you did it right. Mostly I am helping to do the more difficult stuff that the girls wouldn't be able to handle yet.

When I'm not over at Cleo's or doing the many other random household things I'm responsible for (being an adult stinks sometimes), I am usually working on my many random crochet projects. I'm still whipping out scarves, but as I'm almost done with my official 5 scarf quota I've allowed myself to work on other things as well.

I've had this one done for a few days but I just now got around to photographing it. At least I finally did!
I originally made this as a Circles of Service scarf, but I really like it so much I may keep it for myself - I know, I'm an awful person. I may still give it away, but only if I decide to make myself another one :)
 This is the Urban Shells Scarf which is a free pattern I found on Ravelry. This one was so much fun to do and it gives a great texture. It has scalloped edges all the way around and has 4 rows of ribbing on the top to give it more interest. I used Red Heart With Love in Mango for this one and this is the first project with this yarn that I really like how it came out. All the others have felts really thick and stiff, but because this one is so lacy it feels fine. Love it! I highly recommend this pattern for a quick project.
Also, last night I was feeling like something new so I decided to finally start my musical Reindeer stuffed animal from the Amigurumi Woodland Animals class on Craftsy :) I've had this planned and all the yarn bought for quite a while and finally decided to take the plunge. Last night I got the body made and I'm 2/3 finished with the head :) I can't wait to get him done!

I've also got another scarf that I'm nick-naming the yarn eater as it's taken double as much as I thought it would. It's cool, but I'm not 100% happy with my yarn choice - it's variegated and I didn't realize I didn't like it until I had already worked on it for several hours so I just kept going.

Anyway, I will try to post more frequently other then just the freebies I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining in the conversation!