Tuesday, October 30, 2012

The Winds of Change...

So, I have had a wild hair for the last week and I was itching for some type of change. As cliché as it sounds, I kind of feel like I woke up. I realized that I've changed a lot in the last few years, some ways good and some not. I miss how I used to be and I have been making a big effort to change for the positive this week.

Now, what I did today doesn't really play into my "wanting to be how I used to be" plan since this was the first time I've ever done this, but I kind of look at it as a physical manifestation of a mental change. Check out what I did:
The left is what I looked like yesterday, and the right is today. I dyed my hair! This may not seem like a big deal to most people, but the fact that I'm 27 and I've never done this before is pretty epic to me.

My fantastic friend Tara at The Loft Hair Studio in Port St. John had full control of my color. I told her I wanted a change and asked her opinion. She said I should dye it not just to change the color (I've always actually liked my natural color which is why I've never dyed it before) but to help with my texture. My hair is really really oily, also it is thin but there's a ton of it. Basically my hair would always look flat and oily no matter what I did and it would never hold a hairstyle. Tara said that the dye would not only thicken my hair, but it would help dry up the oil. I was sold! And didn't she do a fantastic job? I love the color and I've gotten nothing but compliments all day.

So yeah, today was a big change for me and I'm really excited about keeping the changes going! Who knows what will be next :)

2 comments:

Thanks for joining in the conversation!