Monday, December 3, 2012

Craftsy: I'm Enrolled in the Broomstick Lace Class!

Online Crochet Class
I've been eyeing this class ever since it was released a few weeks ago and I decided to cash in one of my freebie classes for it last weekend :) Have you ever seen Broomstick Lace before? Even if you haven't heard the name before, you've probably seen it if you are as addicted to pinterest as I am and I've always loved the pieces I see on there.

Well, the Broomstick Lace class not only teaches you the basics but it also will teach how to do variations on the original design to make this cute cardigan with a modern twist :) I'm working on finding a yarn I like to make the cardigan, but in the meantime I used the class to learn the basics and start a Christmas present for my mom last week.
It's longer than what you see - I've got it about 50% finished. I am really happy with the results and I can honestly say that if I hadn't used the Craftsy class to learn the technique it would look no where near as good. I mean, don't get me wrong I love a challenge, but when I've never seen how to do something before and I have to try and read directions to figure it out, it comes out not quite right. I used this pattern but watched the video to figure it out. I am now addicted to Broomstick Lace :)

I can't wait to finish it up! Also I'm really excited about the cardigan - I'll let you know how that goes whenever I finally get to it. Got to get through all my Christmas makes first :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining in the conversation!