Friday, February 15, 2013

Crochet Update: My Snazzy Bookmark

Whilst reading Eat, Pray, Love a few days ago (I know, I'm a little late on that band wagon, but it's really a good read), I needed a bookmark. Instead of going to my office to dig one out, I decided to use the pattern I got the heart from for my Valentine Owl to make and actual bookmark.
I used the Heart Tales Bookmark pattern by Stephanie Osborne on Ravelry (it's a free pattern!). This seriously took me all of 10 minutes and I've never even made it before. It was incredibly quick and easy and it's the perfect size for my book :) The little swirly part is just outside the bottom. 
Here is a better look at it. As it is, the pattern is perfect for a large novel. If you wanted it for a shorter paperback, you can just do fewer chains between the heart and the spiral.

I highly recommend this pattern, and I've got these in mind for some nice gifts for friends :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining in the conversation!