So, I promised to report the progress I've made. Some of these photos are a week or so old and more progress may have been made by now, but I'll show you just so you can see what I've been
First off, my mom gave me a rose bush for Valentine's Day this year - it's a double knock out bush too :) So, last Thursday the husband and I planted it.
We've also been working on filling in holes and nasty spots in the walls from the previous owners. It's been nuts! We've spent more time fixing the places that they "fixed" before than we do filling in normal holes. There was one window that had anchors on the sides of the wall that they had actually filled with spray foam! We had to sand the daylights out of it and it's still not perfect, but it's so much better. I won't bore you with a bunch of pictures, except the living room walls. I just had to share...
Last weekend, my family came over and we had a full family work party on my house. It was fantastic! My mom and I worked more on the kitchen cabinets, my dad and brother (and bro-in-law) worked outside (they replaced my mailbox post and painted it, fixed my garage door opener, trimmed bushes, filled cracks in the brick and painted them and so much more), and my sisters painted my sewing room. We did a few other random jobs mixed in there, but it was fantastic to get so much done and see real progress :)
I had taken pictures of my cabinets to let you see what they look like after the first coat of the real paint color, but we only have a few more to do the final coats on this weekend, so I will save the cabinets for a final reveal in a few days :) I'm so excited to show you, it was quite the transformation.
I do, however, have photos of my sewing room to show you :) I had painted the closet white on Friday night by myself (it was formerly a hideous tan color - yuck, why would anyone want a tan closet?!) So when my family came, my sisters put the second coat in the closet and painted the walls in the room as well. I went back on Sunday to trim out around the ceiling, floor, and molding and this is how it looked when I was done:
We have also learned that plaster walls suck up A LOT of paint. Just this room took almost an entire gallon of paint. Also the closet and trim took 2/3rds of a gallon by themselves! And I still have to touch up! I did go and paint the chair rail yesterday, but I have to touch up a few spots so I will save that for a big reveal when it's all done. I'm so excited! I almost have one room completely finished! Hizzah!
So, there's a small update on the house. We have a bunch of progress done in the master bedroom, but I don't have pictures yet, so I will make sure to take some this weekend.
It's coming along - slowly but surely :)