Thursday, March 7, 2013

Crochet Update: Meet Tree Love!

I finished this guy on Monday, but I've been waiting to get pictures of him. Sadly when I finally had some daylight, I forgot my good camera :( So please forgive the iphone photos. I think this guy is cute enough to make up for it :) **I've replaced the bad photos so now you can really see him!**
This is the Tree Love pattern from Ana Paula Rimoli's book Amigurumi Toy Box :) I'll confess - this pattern was the main clincher for me buying the book. And I haven't regretted it once - he's so cute!

This is the back view. I used Vanna's Choice yarn in Chocolate and Kelly Green with Red Heart Super Soft in Lettuce. The pattern called for only 8 branches, but I thought he looked a little bare so I made 9. There are 36 leaves on him! That was A LOT of sewing on. It took me 3 times longer to make the branches and leaves than to make the whole body. Also, there is a little sewn pouch in the bottom filled with rice to give him some stability so he can stand up (otherwise it would be crazy top heavy).
This is the view from the top and I really like how staggered the branches are. .I may even make more leaves later on. We'll see :)
I love the cute little embroidered mouth. Ana Paula Rimoli has you embroider mouths on all her patterns and it really adds to their personality :)

I've already tested this guy out on my nephew and he seemed to enjoy sticking him in his mouth, so I'll count that as a winner. I'm really happy with my new addition :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining in the conversation!