Monday, March 11, 2013

My Latest Thrift Store Finds

So, it's no secret I'm a big time thrift store shopper. For a long time, I would just look at the patterns and stuff or my Etsy store. I didn't really look at the furniture since I didn't have any room for it all. Now that I have a big house to fill, all bets are off :) I've branched out to the furniture and housewares section and I have made out like a bandit over the last few months. Here are a few of the things I've picked up.

I picked up these two chair on two separate trips to my local fav thrift store, the Salvation Army. I got the red one for $6 and the tufted one for $3 :) I'll be painting both of these. The tufted one will be going in my sewing room (at least as of now) and it will be white metal with black or coral cushions.
 I grabbed this at the Blessed Sacrament Thrift Store a week or so ago for $6. It's an old metal trash can from the 60s or 70s that someone already painted and added that fancy knob to the top. This baby will also go in my sewing room and it is going to be painted.
This thing is the real deal! It's a porcelain enamel lamp from the 70s that I picked up last weekend at the Salvation Army for $5 :) It doesn't have a single chip or crack on it anywhere and it works great. At first I had planned on painting it, but the retro bright orange is really growing on me, so we'll see :)
Sorry for the pic with the measurements, but it was the only one I had on hand. I grabbed this hutch last weekend at the SPCA Thrift Store for $35! I'm still not sure exactly where I want it, but I know I'll find a place for it somewhere. Once I figure out where it's going, I'll decide if I'm painting it or not.
This etagère was a Craig's List find that I got for $35. It has 3 removable shelves (they are on the right leaned against it). At the moment, I'm really wanting it for the sewing room, but I'm not sure yet. I don't want to make a hasty decision and paint it only to decide I want it somewhere else, so I'm going to decide later.
This guy has me super excited. I had to go by my house earlier today - totally impromptu as normally I would be working - and I drove past a large pile of junk someone had put by the road as trash. This mirror was on the side, so I pulled over to get a better look. It's French Provincial style and I no joke already have the dresser it goes with! In fact, that it what it to the right of it in the picture. I bought the dresser from a friend of mine when she moved away months ago (check it out Brenna, it's a set!), and it's been hanging out waiting for me to buy a house.
The mirror was totally fine except that this bottom board of the frame had come undone, so it won't support the mirror piece anymore. I grabbed that baby and put it in the back of my car as quick as I could - give me some wood glue and maybe a screw and I've got a new mirror for free! Heck yeah :) I can't wait to get it all fixed up.

So, those are just a few of the things I've grabbed lately. There are a bunch of other things I've not posted about yet, but I'm sure I will as I get the house more completed and everything finds its place.

Have you made any thrift store scores lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining in the conversation!