Tuesday, May 7, 2013

I Am A Thousander!

I made a decision a few months ago to read more books. I have always loved reading, but in the last 5-6 years I haven't really devoted any time to reading and I missed it. Also, World Book Night was coming up and the whole purpose behind it is to promote casual reading. How could I promote something that I don't even do myself? So, I picked up Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert since it was something I had always wanted to read. This book was fantastic and definitely gave me the reading itch; after I finished it, I just wanted to read more.
Coincidentally, a friend of mine from college started a book club of sorts back in 2011 and I decided to join in. It's called The Thousander Club. The premise behind this club is a common goal: to read 1,000 books in our lifetime. This is a pretty lofty and prestigious goal in my opinion, so I joined up :) The group has a nice Facebook presence and members are encouraged to contribute reviews of the books that they read and they are posted to the blog for others to benefit from. They are even having their first official meet up next week!

The Thousander Club is open to anyone who wants to join! You can go here to see the group's guidelines (they are really simple) and you can 'like' them on Facebook to get updates on  reviews and group happenings.

I hope to see some reviews from you in the group! Let's better ourselves together!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining in the conversation!