Wednesday, September 27, 2023

WIP Wednesday: Too Much Planning

Why is it that once I commit to a large scale project, all I can think about is all the things I want to make once that large project is done? It seems unfair, right? I'm still in Regency sewing mode and will be for quite a while, plus I have some pieces to make for my kids' Halloween costumes, so now is the perfect time to be planning what clothing I want to make after those are done, right? That's what my brain seems to think, anyway. I'm getting very much into a more historical inspired daily wardrobe, so that's essentially the vibe I'm going for with my plans. Some things are patterns I want to make but haven't chosen fabric for yet, some are fabrics and ideas I know I want but haven't chosen a pattern yet, etc. Al states of planning are occurring, s I really need t step up the progress with the current projects so I can crank some f these out. Here are some of my favorite plans at the moment.

When I was planning out my Regency dress, I couldn't help but contemplate making this dress from Pride and Prejudice. I already have a heavyweight natural linen fabric that is a slightly lighter version of what was used in the film and I definitely have the white linen for the shirt. In the end I decided against it because this dress was certainly not historically accurate, but I could definitely make a modern wear version. S eventually this outfit will be happening.
After the success of my natura linen Fiore skirt (which you will see soon), I can't get the thought out of my head to make a black version in a medium weight linen. With the heavier fabric, that drape at the front stands away from the body and I really want to see it in a lighter weave of fabric. I think it will be a great staple item with a little something special :)
I've also fallen in love with this Sew Chic Palazzo pants pattern, but not in the way you'd think. I plan to make this as a pinafore skirt. I just love the button style bib on this and it's so easy to make a wide pant like this into a skirt. I haven't settled on a fabric yet, but this will certainly be happening.
I also adore this dress pattern. I saw Lady Rebecca Fashions make an adorable quilting cotton version of this and now I have that idea stuck in my head. I have so many quilting cottons that I bought to make novelty print dresses with and I think this pattern would showcase them really nicely but have that little bit of 40s flare in the sleeves and neckline.
And last but not least - this skirt. I bought this starry night style cotton canvas from Joann's in a moment of weakness while I was buying thread (the canvas was on sale and I could not help myself). I will be making this into a fabulous Hollyburn skirt and I honestly can't wait. This will probably be the first item I sew after I'm done with my Regency costume. A present to myself for being a good girl and finishing my projects, lol. 

Anyone else start planning other things in the middle of a big project? This is in no way a comprehensive list - I have SO MANY more plans floating in my head, particularly on the historical side. I just need to crack on so that I can let those ideas truly blossom before I switch to Christmas gift making mode.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining in the conversation!