Wednesday, January 24, 2024

WIP Wednesday: No Stop At Sleeve Island

Things have been moving right along with my Mohn Cardigan - I just finished the first sleeve :) I did have to fudge the sleeve head a little bit to get it to line up in my size, but it looks like it should still fit me fine. I'm still loving the tuck stitch and I will honestly be a bit bummed when this project is over, lol. I finished the buttons bands and collar this week as well just because that's my preferred order of construction (even though I'm not playing yarn chicken this time). I'm excited to see how this looks when it's blocked, but I love the little collar - I think it really pulls the whole thing together.

Interestingly, Facebook gave me this notification this past Saturday. Apparently it has been 10 years since I made my first ever hand knit sweater. Now I'm almost finished with my 33rd. Crazy.

In sewing news, things have not gone as swimmingly. I got the bodice sewn to the skirt and pinned it on to check the fit before inserting the side zip ... only to discover that the 2.5 inches that I added to the length on this needs to be taken out. I'm seriously so confused with the length of things. It seems that it's the fit aspect I just cannot get right - I'm always either too long or too short. I'm thinking it is because of the shape of my front torso making it hard to define where my "waist" is when fitting, yet when I actually put a fitted garment on, it's obvious where that point is. Ugh. I'm in a pickle because I really want to sew things, yet I won't allow myself to start another project until I finish this one, but I just don't feel like sewing this one. Conundrum. I'm hoping I can muster up the will to undo the waist and shorten it soon so I can move on with my life.

How are things going with your makes this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining in the conversation!