Wednesday, February 7, 2024

WIP Wednesday: Socks and Shawls and Swatches

This week I have been determined to finish my old sock project so I can start a new one. I've honestly had no other projects I could really work on that I'm in the middle of, so I managed to finish the first sock in just a few days and now I am 2 inches into the cuff on the second sock. Honestly, the pattern placement on this striping yarn could not have turned out better if I tried. I'm very pleased with how this turned out and now I'm just focused on replicating it. Hopefully I can slap this one out in a few days and have this project completely finished.
After talking about fighting cast-on-itis last week, I have now cast on almost all the items I mentioned in that post, lol. After finishing the first sock and starting the second, I found myself pretty restless. It's not that I dislike the sock - I actually don't have second sock syndrome, which is great - but I had been knitting that sock all day and I just wanted a change for the night.  This lead to me winding up the yarn for my Ishbel, swatching my Rose Street Cardigan again and blocking it, and pulling out the patterns for the next few socks I want to make. I get like this when I don't have any ongoing projects to pick up and it's been quite a long time since I found myself so much without choices of things to grab and bring with me. I don't like it, lol. So I've been focusing on the socks but at night I am starting the other projects to give myself more options. I think once I have the Rose Street officially going I won't feel like this anymore. We will see.
Tuesday night I realized that it was only a week before Valentine's Day and I had planned on making my kids a present, so I needed to get cracking. I grabbed some stash acrylic yarns and started the Coo and Coy pattern by Anna Hrachovec. It's two birds that when you put them together they make a heart. So cute! I got one of the bodies done, so now it just needs wings and a beak and whatnot. Should be pretty quick and I'm excited to finally make this pattern.

I also really want to sew but I just haven't managed to make myself fix that New England dress yet. It's hanging on the form and taunting me. Very annoying. I need to get the sewing bug back because I really have so many things I would like to make and wear. Hopefully I can get back in the swing soon.

So that's my week thus far :) There's also been a lot of gardening and another surprise in the works. Do you have anything new going?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining in the conversation!