Friday, July 5, 2024

Fabric Haul: My Bi-Annual Sewing Studio Trip

July 4th was the bi-annual fabric sale at The Sewing Studio, and being an independent American, I had to observe this important holiday. I went with no plan this time, which can be dangerous, but I think I kept it pretty well reigned in.

So what did I come away with this time?
  • 4 yards Art Gallery mint green cotton jersey
  • 6.5 yards peach roses Laguna cotton jersey
  • 2 yards lavender bamboo jersey
  • 2 yards Espresso bamboo jersey
All of these knits will be various t-shirts as well as some knit dresses for my kids in the rose print. I love grabbing big cuts of their sale knits when they go super cheap. It's so great to have these on hand for when the need arises for a quick and satisfying project.
  • 4 yards Rifle Paper Garden Party cotton in blue
  • 1 yard Moda Garden Society Rayon
  • 2.5 yards Ivy Pinpoint Oxford cotton shirting in light blue
  • 1 yard Art Gallery Love Story Flower Stamp Adore cotton jersey
I'll be making a dress out of the Rifle Paper print - I believe this will be the first project I make from this batch. I majorly contemplated buying this or not, lol. I love it though, so I need to just sew it up. The faux patchwork print is a rayon and they only had 1 yard left after another gal got what she wanted. I grabbed it thinking I could get a top out of it - I'm thinking possibly with white jersey for the sleeves. We will see. The cotton shirting is perfect to recreate my ill-fitting Jasmine Top, and the floral jersey was another that they just had 1 yard, so this will be a basic short sleeve t-shirt.
  • 3.5 yards green plaid cotton/poly/spandex 
  • 1 yard Tula Pink Flamingo quilting cotton
  • 3 yards Darling Velvet in Fuschia
  • 6 yards black with red stripe plaid
This stack was all chosen by someone else I'll be making things for in the future :) The green plaid will be a button up shirt - I'm thinking the Presley by Charm Patterns. The pink velvet will be pants with the flamingo print being the cuff and pocket lining. This fabric is so soft and plushy. The black plaid with a red stripe will be some pants for him as well as a skirt or something for me - this was a factory remnant so it was $3 per yard and we bought the whole piece they had, so we bought the whole thing. This will be a fun challenge in having someone else who wants custom clothes.
We also grabbed a few other Tula Pink fat quarters for pocket linings for him, and the one thing I actually did need from this trip was buttons for my recently finished Sommar cardigan. I was working off memory for color and size and it actually paid off because these buttons are perfect and I'm excited to get them sewn on. The blue stripey buttons were just too cool so I grabbed 20 of them and I will figure out a project for them in the future.

Since I went with someone else, I was too preoccupied with having someone there too remember to film or photograph anything else. Crazy! But we had a fun day and I'm very happy with the haul. I feel that these things are all winners and I'm excited to churn out a few gable tops and that Rifle dress first. 

Do you live in Central Florida and did you go to the sale? 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining in the conversation!