Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Hobby Lobby: Simplicity Patterns 99¢ Each!

If you live near a Hobby Lobby, you may want to check out their sale on Simplicity Patterns this week! I usually don't go to Hobby Lobby since it's kind of out of my way (the nearest one to me is in Viera), but my mom was going and offered to take me along :) I'm really glad I went since their Simplicity Patterns were on sale for 99¢ each! If you are interested in giving sewing a try, this is a great opportunity to get some patterns.

Once you get into sewing, you will notice the weird system that is pattern pricing. The prices listed on the patterns are around $16.95 each - which is crazy. If you were to randomly go to a fabric store and want a specific pattern without any sale, that is the price you would pay - ridiculous! I have a serious addiction to sewing patterns - I guess I like to dream of the possibilities :) So, I have a system to get all the patterns I want when they go on sale like this. I like to browse around on the Simplicity Website and make a list of the pattern numbers I want. I have the list saved on my phone so I always have it with me in case I find a great sale.  I do the same thing with McCallsButterickVogue, and other pattern companies to make sure I am always ready. I usually am an avid Hancock Fabric customer and they tend to put different patterns on sale for 99¢ every other weekend. Keep in mind that Vogue patterns never go cheaper than $3.99.

Anyway, I grabbed a few patterns that I decided I needed after seeing some of the items Mary over at Idle Fancy made for herself :) A small side note - I was only in the store for literally 5 minutes (we had some confusion of what time they close) and here are the patterns I got:
See? Even with the huge time constraint I was still able to get all the patterns I had written down (aside from a few that were not in stock). So, if you live near a Hobby Lobby, check out this week's sale ad and head over to grab some cute patterns for yourself. It's a great place to start!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining in the conversation!