Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Knitting Update: 1 Baby Hat Finished and 1 Started

I was so excited when I finished my first ever baby hat last week that I hurried and posted it on my Ravelry page, but completely forgot to show it on here :)
Here it is! Isn't it cute? I can't wait to try it on a little head :)
It has a few spots that I'm not happy with, but I still plan to go back and try to minimize those as much as possible before giving it to anyone.

Now that I've got one under my belt (and I was able to make it in just a few nights worth of knitting), I have decided to make more :) I have lots of friends who are having babies between now and the end of the year, so I'm making them in order of their due dates. The first one I am making wanted to be surprised about the sex, so I don't know if it's going to be a boy or a girl. This limited my color possibilities, but I figured cream would be a nice baby neutral.
I just started it 2 nights ago and I'm already about 2 inches in :) So far I haven't had any issues, so I'm hoping this one comes out without any picks to try and fix. Only time will tell, but I'm pretty confident I can make this one better than the first.

I really get all jazzed up about these little projects and I can't wait to get them finished once I start them. Hopefully I can get this one done quickly :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining in the conversation!