Saturday, June 22, 2013

I'm Another Year Older!

So, yesterday was my 28th birthday :) While I'm reaching the age when my birthday is no longer as exciting as it once was, my husband does a pretty good job at trying to keep me excited about it. He got me a chocolate chip muffin from Dunkin' Donuts for breakfast (so delicious!), then I went to work and it's like the whole world knew it was my birthday because it was incredibly slow so it was a nice easy day lol. The best part of work was that my grandmother made me my favorite cake in the whole world!
It may look messy, but oh my gosh it's fantastic! Here is a picture of what I wanted to do:
But of course I shared :) Once we had cake, my youngest sister had me pick out some crochet patterns on Ravelry I wanted - Score! Check out the awesome patterns I got!

I seriously can't wait to make up these patterns. I've wanted several of them for a long time, but I just couldn't justify buying them with all the other patterns I already have and need to use. The patterns Marisa gave me are:


I got to leave work early and go home where my husband showered me with gifts. He's a big fan of me giving him a list of things I would like and then he picks from it, so I got a bunch of things I've wanted for a while now:
Check out my haul :) I'm so excited to finally get some of these items - a few have been on the list since last year! My husband got me:

  • 12 rolls of medical exam paper (for pattern drafting)
  • Amigurumi On The Go by Ana Paula Rimoli
  • Amigurumi Two! by Ana Paula Rimoli
  • a sewing ruler
  • an invisible zipper foot
  • a roller foot
  • a teflon foot
  • Megan Neilsen's Banksia top pattern
  • polly pellets
  • squeaker inserts
  • a card with wooden owl magnets!
He was very excited he found such a sweet card for me :) I can't wait to put squeakers in my amigurumi now! The poly pellets are the last supply I needed for the Not So Itty-Bitty Giraffe class on Craftsy, so now I can make it up. Also the medical exam paper and the ruler is all I needed to make my skirts in the Design and Sew an A-Line Skirt class so I am set to go there as well. Those sewing machine feet will help with that as well - I finally have an invisible zipper foot! Hallelujah! lol So yeah, I loved my presents :)

We also went by Ikea and finally picked up another bookcase for our office (so I can put the books on it instead of in piles on the floor) as well as a few other items for my sewing room and such. The Ikea trip was just a side trip since the real reason we went to Orlando was to go to PF Changs for dinner. I haven't been there in a few years and it was just as delicious as ever.

All in all, I had a great birthday. Now I have way more animal patterns and sewing projects than I have time! I can't wait to get to use everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining in the conversation!