Wednesday, August 28, 2013

WIP Wednesday

So this week has been the week of gift making. I've been on a serious knitting roll lately, so I was more than happy to start on a few pieces I've been planning.
I've been seriously looking forward to making this hat ever since I first saw it in a book about a year ago, but none of my prego friends and family were having girls! Until now :) I sent my friend Heather pictures of all the baby hat patterns I had and I was thrilled she chose this one :) This is the Pleated Cloche Hat from 60 Quick Baby Knits, which I borrowed form my local library. I'm using Cascade 220 Superwash in Aran, Salmon and Strawberry Pink. This is the project that spurned my stash buying fun last week. I'm so excited to get this one finished!
I liked the other pumpkin baby hat so much that I decided my nephew needed one too :) I also happened to have pretty much just enough orange yarn left over from the last hat too - bonus! This is the Little Pumpkin pattern from Itty-Bitty Hats by Susan B. Anderson. He's gonna look so cute as a pumpkin!

I also just finished up my secret project last night and it will be delivered today, so hopefully I can post about it tomorrow.

That's all that's cooking around here this week. To see what others have going on, check out Tami's Amis' Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining in the conversation!