Friday, September 6, 2013

Crochet Update: It's So Tiny!

I actually finished this on Tuesday night, lol. He was supposed to be my WIP Wednesday post, but I finished him quick. So here he is as my FO Friday :)

I whipped up my submission for the FreshStitches Tiny-A-Long! I call him Mr. Pig :)
Look how small he is! I used the Cliveton the Pig from the Rainbow Amigurumi eBook. All of the animals in that book are designed to come out small just using worsted weight yarn, so I decided to up the ante and make this guy ... in fingering weight yarn ... with a D hook! MUAHahaha! lol The result is a little piggy that is right at 2.5" tall.
I used 6mm safety eyes, which just happened to be the perfect size. I must say, his parts were kind of difficult to attach just because they were so teeny. Also the black was really difficult to see in that small of yarn, what can I say? I'm old. Alls well though because he is just so stinkin' cute!
Look at his curly little tail! lol Yay! The yarn is Red Heart Baby Fingering yarn in light pink which has a shiny white thread mixed in with it, so he has a nice sheen. The black is Premier Yarn Serenity Sock Weight.

I'm super excited about how this guy came out. My nephew thinks he's pretty great - he's the perfect 10 month old baby hand size lol. I wish I had more tiny yarn in different colors so I could make more of the animals from this book. There's still plenty of time for the Tiny-A-Long, so maybe you will see another little guy :)

That's it for my Finished Object this Friday. To see what others have made this week, check out Tami's Amis' Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining in the conversation!