Friday, October 25, 2013

FO Friday: Another Pumpkin Hat

After my first pumpkin hat came out so cute, I knew my nephew needed on too :) I actually started this project back in August, but I set it aside to finish some more pressing projects ... and just realized that it would be obsolete in a week if I didn't buckle down and get it done. Whoops! So, I've been working on it in my spare minutes this week (including at the DMV, lol). So, here is my new, slightly larger pumpkin baby hat!
I used the exact same yarn from the first hat (in fact it is the leftover yarn), Wool-Ease in Pumpkin and Avocado. This hat did take more yarn since the first was the newborn size and this is the 1-2 year old size, but I still have about 1/4 of a skein left of the orange :) 
The only thing I changed about this version of the hat is the stem. The pattern has you alternate between a knit row and a purl row the whole way up - I found this very hard to keep tension with while making the first hat, so it was very cumbersome. So this time around I just knitted the whole way up - done and done :)
I'm really happy with how the hat came out. The only problem - Luke HATES it, lol. He immediately pulls it off if you put it on him and if he can't get it off, he cries. You're welcome, kid. I even brought my nice camera with me to hopefully get a good picture of him wearing the hat for this post and this was as close as I got (and I had to get it with my phone).
He had just gotten a whole packet of sauce from my sister's lunch all over him, so he is wearing her "Bite Me" shirt lol. All the following pictures are of him crying/ripping it off and throwing it on the floor, lol. He does, however, think it's awesome and hilarious when other people wear his hat:
So at least we all had fun with my creation :) Hopefully I can slip it on him in his sleep or something for a cute picture, lol. Oh well, at least it's finished and I can focus on other projects now. Maybe my future children will be better with wearing hats!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining in the conversation!