Wednesday, November 20, 2013

WIP Wednesday

I've been working on a few more gifts this week, but decided to make something for myself as well in the mix :) I've had this hat planned for ages and just never cast on, so now it is in the works!
This is the Rosie Hat pattern from the Knit Lab: Hats Four Ways Class on Craftsy and I'm making it in Cascade 220 Superwash in Ruby. I watched the actual lesson about this hat a few weeks ago, but I didn't start it until this past Sunday. I got 2.5" in before I realized that I never went up a needle size! The printed version of the pattern I have is old and I guess it's been updated since I printed it because my pattern didn't say when to change to the size 8 needle (it's after the ribbing), but the class did. So, I took a photo of it before ripping it all out yesterday. Sniff. Oh well, at least I noticed before I finished it and it was too small.
Now I only have about 6 rows done, lol, so it looks sad. I haven't had much knitting time in the last few days. Hopefully I can get cracking on it and have it done before the next cold snap here. This is my first ever cable project and I'm really surprised at how easy they are :)

That's it for me this week. To see what others have in the works, check out Tami's Amis' Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining in the conversation!