Friday, July 11, 2014

FO Friday: Firefly Testing - Meet Ferdie!

I am seriously so remiss in posting about this project! I made this as a pattern test literally a month ago (geez!) for the lovely Chloe of Amination. She just released a cute little collection called Microcosmos and I got to test out the Firefly!
Isn't he just adorable?! This was a very quick little guy - I made him in just 2 hours - and he takes very little yarn.
For my first foray with this pattern, I used all the recommended colors. I used Premier Everyday Soft Worsted yarn for the red, white and brown. The yellow is Red Heart With Love and the tan is Patons Canadiana in Flax. I used a size H hook, but I do crochet tightly so most could probably use a G hook. 
The color changes make this a bit of an intermediate project, but it's really not hard at all. I used 12 mm safety eyes for mine. I love that you can lift up his wings and wiggle his legs :)
I am super happy with how this came out! The pattern is really well written and everything is explained well so even a beginner could tackle it. I'm so excited to try him out in different colors! (I'm seeing a green and yellow one in the future). I would definitely recommend the pattern as well as the rest of the Microcosmos gang. Just look at that lady bug! Thanks so much for letting me test your fantastic pattern, Chloe! I really love it :)

*I received the pattern Microcosmos: Firefly by Amination for free to test it for any errors. I was not obligated to review the pattern on my blog, so all opinions are 100% my own. It's just so cute I had to share!


1 comment:

  1. Hey, Megan!
    I'm so glad you enjoyed the pattern and thank you so much for testing!
    Chloe

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining in the conversation!