Wednesday, August 6, 2014

WIP Wednesday

Well, I find myself yet again with a project that I finished last night, so it won't be debuted until Friday. In the meantime, I have some progress on my sweater and a new project started :)
I have one sleeve done! Yay :) Progress is always nice, right? I will say, the ribbing really pulls in the arms and ... it doesn't seem the most flattering on my larger arms since the ribbing is completely extended out when I put it on. I have absolutely no idea how to change that at this point, so I'm just soldiering on. I'm about 1/4 done with the other sleeve cap. I love doing the short row sleeve - so much fun!
 I also started my final commission piece for the moment. I spent some time on it last night and I'm already changing the pattern, big surprise. Any guesses what/who it is?
In other news, I've been doing a lot of canning this past week. I bought a crate of peaches plus some grapes and cherries, so as of now I've made 3 pints of grape jam as well as 5 pints and 4 half pints of peach freezer jam. I just got some quart jars so I'll be doing just regular canned peaches in a day or so. I love canning, but man it does take a lot of time!
Also, I've started listening to the audiobook of Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte this week. I'm about halfway through, and I'm really not a big fan. The people really just have nothing about them that makes me care what happens to them, lol. I've seen the old Vivien Leigh movie of it a long time ago, so I kind of knew what to expect but I still don't love it. I guess I'm just confused as to how it is considered such a classic? I'm sticking with it though - it's one of those books that it's good to be able to say that you've read.
That's it around here this week. Check back on Friday for another super cute reveal :) And head over to Tami's Amis' Blog to see what others have going on this week!

2 comments:

Thanks for joining in the conversation!