Wednesday, September 17, 2014

WIP Wednesday: Marion Progress

I've had a bunch of random things going on this week, but I only have one project to show any progress on. I ended up finishing the other a few days ago (so check back for a super cute finished object!). September 10th marked the beginning of the Marion KAL with Andi Satterlund. I was prepped and ready, so I began on the 11th. I've already finished the upper back and I'm about halfway through the right front!
The back was a no-brainer - just plain stockinette stitching, but the cables are a bit of a mental workout for me. It's not that they are hard (the cable stitches involved are very straight forward), it's that I have to lay out 3 pages of the pattern to do them: one page that I use to keep track of how many repeats of each row I've done, one page with the cable chart, and one page with the stitch explanations so I can do the cable chart. All this makes for not such a great travel project since I kind of have to spread out and pay close attention to my counting. I do like the pattern though :)
This is my first cable finished :) Well, not my first ever cable, just the first one on this sweater. I got to this point and had to stop because I was convinced I had repeated the last few rows of the repeat too many times. I've tried counting my stitches, but that didn't reassure me. I've taken to blowing up every picture anyone puts up to share their progress and counting how many cable bumps they have in which direction, lol. Andi posted her progress 2 days ago which reassured me. I now know it just looks strange because of where I stopped in the pattern. Now I can move forward without concern, lol. It is the most charts I've had to keep track of at once, so I'm hoping I don't screw up too bad as I continue. I am very much enjoying this project :) I'm excited to see how I like the finished result considering my doubts about the yarn, but I am going with it anyway.
So, that's all I really have to share this week. Check out Tami's Amis' Blog to see what others have going on too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining in the conversation!