Wednesday, March 4, 2015

WIP Wednesday: And Now For Something Completely Different...

Leave it to an unpleasant illness to increase my knitting time by about 10 times what it had been! Everyone at work has passed a lovely sinus virus around to each other, and last week was my turn with it leaving me not feeling like doing much of anything besides knitting, though even knitting was set aside for naps. Something good came out of all that knitting time though ...
I finished knitting my Craftsy socks! Holy cow, it feels like a miracle that they are finished, lol. I was so excited just to finish them and move onto something else that I have yet to block them. I can't wait to see how they look once the lace is opened up!
I was pretty proud of my yarn usage on these - when I finished weaving in my ends, these are the only pieces of the yarn I had left that were longer than 1 or 2 inches. One of these is 24" long and the other is 28" long - pretty efficient if I do say so myself :)

Once the socks were done, I just felt like using a larger yarn than fingering weight, lol. So when I went to my wips that have been sitting on the sidelines for the past few months, my poor Emelie cardigan remained in its bag untouched. I'm at the point where I have to figure out the button band, which is just too much counting and math for my sick brain right now. Plus it's not fun to knit a black sweater with fingering weight yarn when 95% of your knitting time is after dark. So what did I pick up instead?
My Agatha cardigan :) I honestly can't remember if I blogged about this project or not, but technically I cast on the back piece on December 27th. I only did about 3" of the back piece and then set it aside, probably because I felt guilty about not finishing those socks yet. The yarn is Cascade 220 Superwash Quatro that I got a sweet deal on back in December. It's wonderfully springy and fun to work with. The color is called Lupin and it's a twist of purple and fuchsia - it's kind of hard to see the color variation in the photos, but I really like it :) I'm already down to just a teeny ball of my first skein of yarn, so I'd say I'm about 20% finished thus far. I just joined the pieces at the underarms last night. All the lace has this so scrunched up that it looks like a vest for a toddler at the moment, or maybe for an organ grinder's monkey, lol. When the pattern is stretched out, it's quite nice:
Sorry for the blurry photo. I'm really liking the lace panels though. This pattern is the Agatha Cardigan by Andi Satterlund. I received the pattern for free after the Marion KAL - everyone who participated got their choice from one of Andi's patterns for free, which I thought was really nice. I've had my eye on this pattern for quite a while, so I took advantage of my freebie and I'm still happy with my choice :) I think it's a very pretty design. I'm planning on making this longer than Andi's usual cropped length since I have an extra skein of yarn, so we'll see how it goes. All the progress you see aside from the first 3 inches of the back have been knitted since February 28th, so it's definitely moving quickly.
And in other news, I finally hung this baby up on my sewing room wall :) This is actually a Papyrus brand birthday card that my husband gave me a year or so ago and I just loved the cute 3-D design so much I decided it needed to go on the wall. I finally found a simple frame at a thrift store, spray painted it white to match the room, and removed the glass to hang it up without squishing all the fun pins ad bow. I'm excited to finally have it up on the wall at long last!
And in other fun news, I received a delicious prize I won from Hunter Hammersen on Violently Domestic. She held a blog giveaway for this yummy skein of Plucky Feet by The Plucky Knitter in the Karat Stick colorway AND I WON! WOO HOO! It just came in the mail yesterday, and she even threw in a bag of these nifty locking stitch markers. Thanks so much Hunter :) I love it all!
So that's what I'm working on this week :) Definitely much more than I've had to show for quite some time. To see what others are working on, head over to Gracey's Goodies and check the links. 

Have you tackled any long time wips lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining in the conversation!