Wednesday, October 28, 2015

WIP Wednesday: Almost There ...

Now that my Halloween costume is all finished and in hand, I decided to devote some time to my Penelope Sweater this weekend. I managed to finished the first sleeve and the short row cap on the second sleeve this past Sunday, and I picked it back up last night after a really long and tiring day at work. I pushed through and finished the knitting last night! 
I really like how this sweater turned out :) At first I was contemplating making the sleeves full length and echoing the scallop pattern at the sleeve cuffs, but in the end I figured I'd try the 3/4 sleeves and just keep it simple. I stayed up a bit late to finish this, so I didn't manage to weave in the ends and get it blocked yet - I hope to do this tonight. I already have ribbon for the button band, and I'm still short 3 buttons, but I will just put it all together this week in anticipation of the full amount of needed buttons. I really love the yarns I used, which leaves me torn between wishing I had used it sooner and being glad that I didn't because I love how it worked for this project. I love the subtle variegation in the blue yarn (Cascade 220 Superwash Paints in Sapphire Seas) and the coral (Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran) is just so soft and pretty. I've very excited to see how this yarn blooms after blocking and how it looks when everything is pinned out evenly.
In literary news, I am in full blown mystery mode. It started with The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith, which I finished last Thursday and liked so much I immediately requested the second in the series from the library. In the interim, I decided to read Jekyll and Hyde which has been on my list for years. This was a super quick read, so I searched for another and decided on The Secret History by Donna Tartt (which was amazing). I just finished that last night and the next Robert Galbraith came available for checkout, so I just started it today. I'm starting to think I have a problem, lol. I guess I'm really in the Halloween mood with these creepy mysteries.
I'm sure just this one project seems a bit boring, but I'm pretty excited about it :) If you'd like to see other people's projects, head over to Gracey's Goodies to see what others are making.

1 comment:

  1. What an amazing sweater! It's nothing short of fabulous! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining in the conversation!