Friday, April 29, 2016

Me Made May 2016: My Pledge

It's that time of year again :) Zoe of So Zo... What Do You Know? is hosting that illustrious creative challenge: Me Made May. I love Me Made May and this will be the 3rd year I've participated, with last year being the only complete success. I've finally accumulated enough makes to reasonably clothe myself for an entire month, and after last year's challenge of wearing a me made item each day I've kind of stuck with that goal most of the year :) If I didn't make it, I bought it at a thrift store except for a few pieces that were gifts, so no matter what my wardrobe would be considered "sustainable". Anyway, here is my pledge for this year:

'I, Megan of ShowandTellMeg.com, sign up as a participant of Me-Made-May '16. I endeavor to wear at least 1 me made or refashioned item each day for the duration of May 2016 and try to come up with new outfit combinations I have not tried before.'

I know I will be able to do this since I did it last year. I realize this might sound like a cop-out, but considering the crazy state of my life at the moment I am not going to add in more stress. I'll take that challenge I wrote up there and nail it, thank you very much, lol. I've learned to not sweat things that aren't complete necessities, so I wanted to make my goal achievable. I did add in the "new outfit combos" clause. I tend to get stuck in certain pairings - my wardrobe is 90% separates and once I latch onto an "outfit", I tend to wear it that way all the time. I want to learn to switch up my looks a bit more, so I hope to come up with some new combos from things I already have. I also would tentatively like to make another item or two during the month, but that might not be possible and I am ok with that. Mostly I just want to join in the comradery and help show people that it's possible to make what you wear and still look normal, ha ha. Well as normal as I ever look I guess. I suppose I mean that we should pay attention to out clothing choices more, but that we can still have fun with our clothes and that they should not be considered so disposable. In fact, I've already mended a few items I'd put off just so I could wear them this month, lol.

So if you'd like to see how I do on this challenge as May progresses, you can follow me on instagram (my name is showandtellmeg) and I will try to post daily photos. I will also do a recap at the end of the month as usual.  So get ready, friends, for a lot of Megan-made-goodness :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining in the conversation!