Sunday, June 19, 2016

Your DPN Needle Cases!

So, last year I posted a tutorial on how to make your own DPN knitting needle case the way I did (see the post click here). I made up the pattern originally in December of 2013, but it wasn't until I made another one in December of 2014 that I decided to take step by step pictures and put it up for others to use. I've had a few people ask questions about steps and whatnot over the year, but I've only received a few photos of what others made using the tutorial. It's so much fun to see what someone else made with your pattern! Any of these surprise messages from people who've sewn their own cases bring a big smile to my face :)

So, I decided that I would share the finished projects with others every now and then just to give variety and show what they did with the tutorial. This one is from Debby! 
She used a pretty floral fabric combo, and I love that cute button that ties together the different colors. She made this for her daughter, who had specific things she wanted, and she used the pattern I posted and made a few modifications to fit her needs.
She modified the measurements of the needle pockets so that one side holds 6" length sets and the other side holds 8" length sets. She also added 2 extra small pockets inside the top flap - such a good idea! She also used velcro for the closure on the outside.
Here it is in action. So useful! Thanks so much, Debby, for sharing your photos with me (and giving me permission to post them here). It really made my day when your email showed up.

I know there was someone else who left a comment somewhere on Instagram and showed me their case, but I can't find it now! If you're reading this and you made a case, I'd love to post about it here and show others, so please comment or email me a link or a photo. It's the greatest thing to see your makes!

If you'd like to make your own needle case, you can use the tutorial I posted here. Enjoy, guys :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining in the conversation!