Monday, October 10, 2016

Sililoquy and Broadstreet

While I wait to have pictures to show you things I've been making, I thought I'd share what else I've been up to lately (other than things related to selling my house which feels like it's sucked half my life away and being attacked by an enormous hurricane). Back in April I joined 2 local singing groups, Broadstreet and Sililoquy. Both are small groups of people who just love to sing and we meet once a week to do just that :) It's been a lot of fun and since I joined I've already been in a 50s show and we are about to have a Broadway concert on October 16th (it's at the First United Methodist Church in Titusville at 3pm if you're interested!). 

One of the big things both of these groups participate in each year is singing at Disney for Christmas. I had no idea that Disney did this, but local singing groups can audition and be selected to sing at various places around their property throughout December. Broadstreet and Sililoquy have both been selected to sing for the past few years, so we are really crossing our fingers we will be accepted again. Not only is it fun to say you sang at Disney - you also get park tickets in exchange :) Since it's something I've worked very hard at for the past few months, I thought I would share our audition videos:

(please ignore how goofy I look in my costume, lol. It was WAY too short for me - like 2 feet too short - and I will be remaking the whole thing if we are selected to sing for Disney).

Anyway, it's been really nice to get back to something I love so much. I've always loved to sing, but other than singing in church I haven't done anything like this since high school. It's nice to make music a weekly priority and share it with others often :) I'm so honored to be a member of this group.

Thanks for listening!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining in the conversation!