Wednesday, April 19, 2023

WIP Wednesday: Blocking and Birthday Deadlines

Well this week has been fairly productive on the knitting front. I managed to bind off my Haruni shawl last night, which is crazy. Usually I will start a shawl, sail right along in the beginning, and then completely lose interest as the rows get longer and longer, which then makes me set it aside for other more satisfying projects. Typically it takes me at least 2 months to finish a shawl, but this one took 2 and a half weeks. I just really enjoyed the stitch pattern and it kept making me want to get to the next set of the pattern, which is great.
It's always so funny to me how lace looks before blocking. It's all scrunched up, and when you add the crazy yarn choice, it masks the actual stitch pattern completely. I'm excited to block this one out and show the difference.
But now my focus has to be on this project. I'm making a Sleepy Snake and Mischievous Mouse for my nephew's birthday, which is on Saturday. I started this on April 8th, but I was around my nephew for a good portion of my knitting time so I didn't want to work on it to the point that he could tell what it was, so I worked on my Haruni shawl instead. Then I got totally drawn into the Haruni shawl and found myself just working on that instead of this gift. Ah, well. So now I have to knit the rest of this in just a few evenings. I think I can make it happen, but it will be down to the wire for sure.

What are you working on this week? I have so many sewing projects I want to tackle, btu I just haven't had the time lately. Thank heaven for knitting and its portability of I'd never get to make anything.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining in the conversation!