Wednesday, July 5, 2023

WIP Wednedsay: Sweater Progress + Happy 4th of July!

Holiday weeks always throw me off with posting, but progress is being made on many fronts :) First off, let's check in with my Susan Shaw cardigan. This is a design from 1943 and it's my first truly vintage knit. There has been a learning curve, for sure, but honestly I'm glad this was the first vintage pattern I decided to knit up because it's pretty simple. I've been working on the left front and I really like the mock cable design. I call the little circles red blood cells, lol. 
Thanks to a long drive as well as a day in various mechanic shops, I've managed to almost finish the left front :) I'm slightly skeptical of the length, but since I'm basing it off my Honeybee cardigan (which I love), I'm trying to trust the process. I'll likely finish the shoulder shaping tonight and be onto the right front. 
As Tuesday was the 4th of July, my mom and I made a pilgrimage to our favorite place - The Sewing Studio! I definitely bought more fabric than I thought I would or should, but at 40% off I just couldn't not buy it. I will post a haul of what I got in a few days to share :)

Then we went back to my parents' house for some swimming and dinner. I hung out with my newest little buddy for a while (don't let his face fool you, he was happy with me for quite a while, lol). 
And my girls went swimming, which always makes any day great.
And we finished off the day with toddler appropriate pyrotechnics lol. My older nephew has reached the age that he was bored with my sparklers and pop-its, but my girls had a lot of fun.

I hope you had a great Independence Day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining in the conversation!