Wednesday, August 2, 2023

WIP Wednesday: Sewing Plans This Week

Friends, the sewing flood gates are officially opened in my mind. After YEARS of not sewing any clothes, I've produced 3 wearable items in a week. Now I can't be stopped - I have sewing planning constantly on the brain. I'm working toward things that will be practical for me to wear as well as use fabrics and patterns in my stash, so these are my plans for what will be happening in the near future.

 

First up is a white Gable top. I snagged 6 yards of Laguna Jersey in white at the Sewing Studio sale last month, and what a great basic this will be! I am ALWAYS looking for good white shirts and they are few and far between in thrift stores. This one will be happening first on this list for sure.

Next is this adorable llama print fabric I can't get out of my mind. I bought this a few years ago to also make a Gable top (before I ever made the pattern successfully, lol) and now that I have the Gable fitting me well, I want to make this one up. This is an organic cotton jersey with an adorable llama stripe print.
And I also want to make another Fioré skirt, but this time in the drape front version. I am loving my button front version, so I'm thinking to make this version in the same fabric - a rustic, heavy weight linen - this time in the natural, undyed color. 

I have other things brewing in my mind (like I really want a white linen woven t-shirt), but these all feel very do-able since I have the patterns and fabrics all ready to go. I am also moving right along with knitting my Susan Shaw cardigan. I'm onto the right front, so we're getting there. I have a knit-along starting next week, so we will see how much I get done on this cardi before that starts.

What do you have going this week? Anything exciting?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining in the conversation!