Friday, November 3, 2023

FO: Pusheen

My niece who got the embroidered jacket turned 1 and after I made the jacket I realized that I hadn't made her a gift yet, lol. I immediately started hunting through my Ravelry library to see what I could whip out in just a few days.

How cute is this guy, eh? My sister loves Pusheen, so when I saw this pattern in my library I knew it wud be a good one. I grabbed yarn from my stash and made this within abut 24 hours.
The yarn I used is all I Love This Yarn in the Gray Mist and Greybeard colorways. The little bit of colorwork was fairly easy to accomplish. This pattern is Pusheen the Cat by Emma's Animal Creations and it is free on her blog. I was able to just keep the webpage open on my phone next to me and get this whole thing made
I decided to make baby safe eyes since my niece is only 1 so she could decide to chew on this a bit. I simple used black yarn and made a circle in chain stitch and then a French knot of the gray in the center. I embroidered the rest of the face with the same back yarn scraps.
While I was making this, it brought up the question: What is Pusheen from? I didn't know if he was just an internet cartoon or part of an adorable Japanese show or what, so I looked it up. He was just an internet cartoon created by some people from Ireland. Very interesting. He's so adorable in general though and now since he has gifs and emojis, he is a household known face whether they know his name or not.
I stuffed this bad by into a flat rate bubble mailer and I was pretty proud of my stuffing abilities on that package, lol. I had to tell my sister to open it carefully But he arrived and my niece loves him as much as a 1 year old can really love anything, so that's god. My sister thought it was awesome, so that's what really counts on a baby gift, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining in the conversation!