Wednesday, November 15, 2023

WIP Wednesday: Seaming Sweaters and Mock Ups

This has been a momentous week for my making, friends. I'm officially finishing the Susan Shaw cardigan! I have one sleeve "tentatively" sewn on and I just have to sew on the second one to be finished.
At first I had excess to make a slight poof at the top of the shoulder, but once it was sewn on I saw I could use a little more room at the back of the sleeve, so I had to undo this and ease it in over that portion. 
I also got the ribbon sewn on the button bands and the buttons installed just because I wanted it to be totally done when I finish the sleeves. 
And here it is opened, which is how I will realistically wear it. Honestly, there are still some fit issues, but nothing to keep me from wearing it. I'll give a full rundown once I get photos and everything, so stay tuned if you want all the deets. I'm mostly just ecstatic to finally call this one done.

I've also been working on a mock up of the bodice on the Decades of Style New England dress, which has been more confusing than I anticipated. I was trying to sew a quick mockup while I was on the phone the other night, but I couldn't wrap my head around it and needed more focused attention, so I stopped. Hopefully that will be ready to go soon because I already have my washed fabric waiting to be cut out. I'm also trying to avoid looking at the Knit Picks Big Sale, lol. You're welcome if you didn't know about this already.

Any big milestones in your making this week? I'm shifting into my other knitting projects now in hopes of getting a few more things finished before I focus on gift knitting only for a while. My Sentro will be cranking away very soon!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining in the conversation!