Saturday, August 6, 2011

Unfortunate CVS Changes

I had an unfortunate happening tonight at CVS and wanted to let everyone know so you aren't side swiped like I was.
I was at the Port St. John CVS and tried to do the Skinny Cow Candy deal. I got 2, gave my B1G1 coupon, paid $1.54 for both - and the 99¢ ECB didn't print. When I said something, luckily the cashier had already had this happen a few times earlier in the day and he said the company had just changed the system to where the deals will not work if you don't actually pay out the money. A.K.A. if you use a coupon, the ecb deals will not work. Also, the promotions like the gas card deals where you have to spend a certain amount to get a kick back will now be based off of your post coupon value. So, if you don't pay out that $30, regardless of if you purchase the items listed for the deal, you will not get the gas card, ecb, etc. Luckily, this cashier was very fair and since this had literally just started happening today, he manually input the info for the computer to print me my 99¢ ecb.
Has anyone else run into this issue?
I know that CVS is a national chain, but could this just be at my one store? I have had pricing discrepancies between my 2 local stores that are only a few miles away from each other before, but I didn't think that something like this would be just one store. I have also seen other bloggers posting changes in CVS' coupon policy, but they have all mainly been about the fact that they will no longer accept 2 coupons on a B1G1 free sale, etc. Nothing like this.
This was a serious disappointment to me. If this is really happening, I unfortunately have to say that my shopping will have to go back to the other places I used to rely on. I never shopped at CVS before except for emergencies mainly because their prices are the highest around second only to gas station stores. I have gotten into the coupon game at CVS slowly but surely, and just as I started to really get at it, they pull the rug out from under me.
If this really is true nation wide, then it's a sad day for couponers everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining in the conversation!