Sunday, April 22, 2012

Fantabulous Food! Mimi's 5 Way Grilled Cheese

On inspiration of all the cheap cheese I got this week, I decided to try and copy a delicious sandwich: Mimi's 5 Way Grilled Cheese :) Just the name sounds fantastic. I caught the end of an episode of Unwrapped the other day where they showed how to make this delicious cheese concoction and I just had to try it myself. You will not regret following in my footsteps :)

Mimi's 5 Way Grilled Cheese:
Ingredients:
  • Sourdough bread
  • Garlic Butter (I used spray butter and garlic powder)
  • Parmesan Cheese, grated or crumbled
  • Cheddar Cheese
  • Mozzarella Cheese
  • Colby Jack Cheese
  • Swiss Cheese
1. Coat the outside of both pieces of bread in garlic butter - I just sprayed with spray butter, sprinkled a little garlic powder, then sprayed again. Spread your parmesan cheese out on a plate and press buttered sides of bread into it to make the cheese stick. Place both pieces on a heated griddle or pan set to medium high. 
2. Immediately layer the cheeses. It doesn't matter what order, just two slices on each piece of bread - this sandwich is designed so you don't have to flip it over. I did mozzarella and Swiss first:
and topped them with cheddar and colby jack.
3. Cook on medium heat until cheese is visibly melted - you can even poke the cheese just to make sure.
4. Set one piece on top of the other with cheese sides together and serve :) Just look at that melty goodness!
This was quite tasty :) Next time though, I think I'll add a little more garlic. I was really careful not to end up with a tone of powder on the bread. Also, it would be pretty tasty with some Miracle Whip :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining in the conversation!