Friday, April 13, 2012

Me Made May: My Dress Project

Well, I am sticking with my pledge to join in Me Made May. Last night I went through some of my projects I planned forever ago and came across this one - I even have all the components together I just never made it :)
I will be making Simplicity #2886 option A (the one the model is wearing). I picked this pattern up at one of Hancock Fabric's 99¢ pattern sales 3 or 4 years and it's still unused (which is the story with 98% of my pattern collection). To be honest, the reason I have never made all the projects I planned so long ago is because I wanted to lose weight first. I have lost a little weight, but not what I had hoped - even so judging by the fact that it's been 3 years I may end up waiting forever and never making it. So, I will just worry about altering it later if I do lose the weight - that way I can at least make use of things now :)
I purchased the fabric for this dress at The Sewing Studio in Maitland on New Year's Day 2010 during their big sale - I deliberately have not gone to the store since that time because I end up buying a bunch of fabric that just sits; it's an addiction. The bodice and the skirt of the dress will be this beautiful kelly green on white damask cotton from the Queen Street by Jennifer Paganelli line called JP39 Ellen and the waist band will be white cotton. I even purchased the lining! That is almost unheard of for me. So, I picked up the zipper I will need yesterday at Hancock Fabric (I was there buying more patterns - oy) and now I am all set to get going on it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining in the conversation!