Friday, April 13, 2012

Me Made May: Skirt Project

This project is just going to be so simple I decided to add it to the challenge :)
I picked up this pattern a few years ago because it's such a great collection of pieces - it includes the top and skirt! This is a very simple pleated skirt that I know I would wear the heck out of - depending on how this first skirt comes out I'm sure I will make more with different fabrics.
I bought the main floral fabric at The Quilt Place in Rockledge off their sale rack a few years ago :) I plan to make the main part of the skirt in the floral fabric (Hoffman California International "Reflections" S#3023) with the waist band in the brown cotton broadcloth. I still need to get the lining and a zipper, but that is all minor stuff that I can grab anytime. The main thing is the fabric so I can at least get it made :)

I'm very excited about my little projects and I will keep you posted on my progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining in the conversation!