Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Bloom Review: Sundari Neem and Coconut Hair Treatment Oil

This is one product I was unsure about from the Bloom Ambassador box this month: Sundari's Neem and Coconut Hair Treatment Oil. My hair is already so oily that I fear adding any additional oil to it, but I was willing to give it a whirl.
The Neem and Coconut Oil hair treatment is designed to strengthen the shafts of your hair and protect it from daily styling. It prevents hair loss and is a great anti-inflammatory for sensitive scalps. Also, the product is completely organic which is always a nice plus.
The directions say to massage the oil into your hair and scalp 30 minutes before you plan to wash it, so I put it on and ate breakfast one morning :) I looked like an oil slick, so I had to stay inside, but might as well multi-task, right? After my 30 minutes I jumped in the shower and washed my hair like normal (shampooed and conditioned).  While my hair was wet, it felt normal. It wasn't until I had dried it that I could tell a difference.
Ad you can see from my face in the picture above, I wasn't too thrilled. It wasn't what I expected - meaning it wasn't oily like I was afraid of. It actually had an opposite effect. My hair became very dry and fly-away-ish. It seemed to accentuate my styling damage.
This layer here is what bugged me the most. See how split and damaged my hair looks? This usually isn't so noticeable. I will say that my hair did feel soft after, but it wasn't worth the drying out that it caused. I did stick with it and used the product 3 different times, but each time I had the same effect. It's really strange that it dried my hair out since it is an oil and it's designed to moisturize. I guess it just goes to show how weird my hair is. I'm sure that on normal hair this would have been a nice treat, but probably not the best thing if you have very thin hair like me.

I give the product 3 stars since I don't really feel it was the product's fault that it didn't deliver in my hair. Products like this are not exactly designed for someone like me, mostly because my hair produces plenty of its own oil and stays shiny on its own. If you have medium-thick hair that is considered 'normal' in the hair care world, I really recommend giving this a try. It's a nice and luxurious pampering for your hair, and a little pampering is always nice every once in a while :)

Go to Bloom to checkout this product for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining in the conversation!