Thursday, August 2, 2012

Fantabulous Food! Chocolate Chip Bacon Cookies

In honor of how well these cookies went over at my Wright's Brand Bacon Party, I decided to put it up on the blog so you could make some bacon dessert for yourself :) Being a Pinterest addict, I have seen all kinds of bacon desserts floating around and I figured these would be the best way to step into the unknown with bacon.

Chocolate Chip Bacon Cookies:
Ingredients -

  • 1 recipe of your favorite chocolate chip cookies (I used the New York Times Recipe)
  • 8 slices of bacon (next time I would use more, so just put as much as you want)
1. Before starting the actual cookie dough, prepare the bacon. Cut the bacon into small pieces. I sliced mine in half lengthwise as a stack, then cut those into the small pieces. It made it much easier to cut it all as one stack, but you can do it any way you want. Put the bacon in a large skillet on medium-high and fry, dipping out the excess grease as you cook it.
2. Set bacon to cool and drain on a paper towel while you prepare the batter.
3. Once you batter is made, add the bacon pieces when you add the chocolate chips and stir until well incorporated.
4. Bake cookies according to your recipe's instructions. Allow to cool before serving.

Et VoilĂ ! Chocolate Chip Bacon Cookies :)
Everyone who tried one of these loved them, even if they were skeptical at first. Really, this wasn't a ton of bacon, so you only got a bit of bacon flavor every now and then. Next time I would definitely go with more bacon and maybe a little less chocolate chips. I definitely recommend trying them for yourself :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining in the conversation!