Saturday, October 6, 2012

Bloom Review: Dermaheal Shampoo

Here is a product that I had never heard of before receiving it in my Bloom Ambassador box this month: Dermaheal Shampoo. I like to look up each of the products I am sent to try on Bloom before I use it so I can know what to expect and the first thing that struck me was the price - $40! That's pretty steep so this had better live up to its promises :)

Dermaheal Shampoo is designed to treat male and female pattern baldness by encouraging hair regrowth and preventing loss. Those are some big claims. I mean look at all those Bosley commercials out there - obviously they are using more than just a shampoo - but imagine if you could just suds up and grow new hair! I really wanted to put this to the full test. Sadly, it's not really possible to show pictures of the progress since I am not bald. I have lots of hair and it grows on its own, so I can only tell you the results.

How was the application?
This was the first product I used on my at home spa day a week ago, but I had been using it for about a week at that point. I am very picky about shampoos - I have a lot of hair but it is very fine and oily so anything that isn't 'volumizing' usually doesn't work out very well for me. Let's just say my mom used to call me Exxon Valdes if that paints a mental picture. So, I was really pleased that even though this shampoo is "conditioning", it didn't gunk up my hair and make it oily.

Also, the smell is wonderful. I have had to use other medicated shampoos before (*ahem* TGel) and they always seem to smell ... well, medicated. The Dermaheal is not like that at all. It's just a nice scent like normal shampoo. Also, I love the pump on the bottle. I know that's a trivial thing, but it really does give just the right amount for my hair (which is much less than I would usually use so it will last longer for me than normal). Just a small pump gave enough for a sudsy lather that covered all of my hair and even had enough to massage onto my scalp.

How did it perform?
Even though I can't prove it to you with a photo, I can tell you that it has encouraged hair growth. I judge this by how quickly my bangs have lengthened. Normally I wouldn't be aggravated by my bangs for at least a week or 2 but they are already so long I will need them cut soon. So, it definitely works! My husband was so impressed that he has started using it himself as a preventative.

I give this product 4 out of 5 stars! This really did all that it promised and more. It conditioned my hair (I didn't need to use a conditioner at all) and I did see increased growth. More than just the nitty gritty though, it was a nice experience to try this. The smell is great and it gets a very satisfying lather. I would definitely recommend this to anyone out there who is noticing some hair loss. The only reason I give it 4 instead of 5 stars is the price. $40 is a little steep to me for a bottle of shampoo, however if I was loosing my hair I guess that $40 would be a cheap way to help with that. Give it a try if you are in the market for this type of product!

Go here to learn more about this product or to get some for yourself!

*I received the Dermaheal Shampoo for free to facilitate my review, but all opinions expressed are 100% my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining in the conversation!