Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Circles of Service: Scarf #4 Complete!

Man, I am seriously on a roll. I can't quite believe how fast I've been able to make almost all of my scarves I was asked to make (5 is the requested number). At this rate, I'm sure I'll end up making more than what was asked mostly because I enjoy it so much.
This is my first time ever doing cables of any kind and I am absolutely hooked :) They are so satisfying to make. Sure, they take a little longer and you have to pay close attention to your pattern (unless you want to keep frogging back like I had to), but they aren't really difficult and they look fantastic.
I used the Crochet Cable Scarf free pattern on Ravelry for this and I can guarantee you I will use that pattern again. This is a great project to try your hand at cables for the first time and once you wrap your head around the instructions it becomes very easy.
Here is a close up of the texture - isn't it cool?

Even though I loved the pattern on this one ... I absolutely hate this yarn for it. This is the first project I've done where the yarn really messed up my end result and I have officially learned my lesson. I used Red Heart With Love in Bluebell and I like the color, but it is just so dang stiff. I keep having to straighten the scarf out at the sides just to make it look ok. Next time I make this I will use a softer yarn with a bit more drape to it.

Well, technically speaking, that's 4 down and 1 more to go. I already have a pattern in mind and everything :)

1 comment:

  1. OH WOW!! I love the look of the cables! It turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining in the conversation!