Monday, October 29, 2012

Crochet Update: My Musical Rudolph Reindeer!

It's done!!!!
I just finished the next animal in the Amigurumi Woodland Animals class on Craftsy :) Hizzah! I've had all the pieces done for a few days, but I had other projects for other people that I had to finish (more on that to come). So, yesterday I finally put all the pieces together and stuffed this baby. I love him! And, as I mentioned before, he has an added surprise...
It actually plays longer, but we all know the song and frankly I felt ridiculous making him dance any longer :)
 His antlers are actually 2 separate pieces that are joined before they get sewn on the head.
His arms are actually attached flat (which is a new technique I learned for this) so they can wave, unlike the arms on Bernard the Bear which are stiff.
And look at his cute little tail! This is also attached flat and then it is tacked upward (another new technique).

I really love this class and they make it so easy to progress with these animals. Each one uses the techniques from the previous animal and adds at least one new technique at at time/ So, you don't get bored with doing the same old thing all the time, but it's also not so much new stuff that you can't handle it. 

I can't wait for Christmas now just so I can set him in a prominent place around my house :)

So, if you want to make one of these cute little guys for yourself, just head over here and check out the class!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining in the conversation!